RESEARCH AND INFORMATION
Dr Wan Teh – Gynaecologist & Fertility Specialist (melbourne IVF)
Dr Teh is actively involved in research. Under the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) scholarship, she completed a PhD study investigating the determinants of uterine receptivity in women with implantation failure. She is also the co-author of a number of significant research that have changed the clinical practice for IVF worldwide. What this means for women looking to conceive, Dr Teh aims to increase the rates of success for pregnancy.
Dr Teh’s Publications
- Holdsworth-Carson SJ, Churchill M, Donoghue JF, Mortlock S, Fung JN, Sloggett C, Chung J, Cann L, Teh WT, Campbell KR, Luwor R, Healey M, Montgomery G, Girling JE, Rogers PAW. Elucidating the role of long intergenic non-coding RNA 339 in human endometrium and endometriosis. Mol Hum Reprod. 2021 Feb 8:gaab010. doi: 10.1093/molehr/gaab010.
- Mortlock S, Kendarsari RI, Fung JN, Gibson G, Yang F, Restuadi R, Girling JE, Holdsworth-Carson SJ, Teh WT, Lukowski SW, Healey M, Qi T, Rogers PAW, Yang J, McKinnon B, Montgomery GW. Tissue specific regulation of transcription in endometrium and association with disease. Hum Reprod. 2020 Feb 29;35(2):377-393.
- Teh WT, Polyakov A, Garrett C, Edgar D, McBain J, Rogers PAW. Reduced live birth rates in frozen versus fresh single cleavage stage embryo transfer cycles. A cross sectional study. Int J Reprod BioMed 2020; 18: 491-500.
- Mortlock S, Kendarsari R, Fung JN, Gibson G, Yang F, Restuadi R, Girling JE, Holdsworth-Carson SJ, Teh WT, Lukowski SW, Healey M, Qi T, Rogers PAW, Yang J, McKinnon B, Montgomery GW. Tissue specific regulation of transcription in endometrium and association with disease. Human Reproduction 2020; 35(2): 377-393.
- Donoghue JF, Paiva P, Teh WT, Cann LM, Nowell C, Rees H, Bittinger S, Obers V, Bulmer JN, Stern C, McBain J, Rogers PAW. Endometrial uNK cell counts do not predict successful implantation in an IVF population. Human Reproduction. 2019: 34(12): 2456-2466.
- Lensen S, Osavlyuk D, Armstrong S, Stadelmann C, Hennes A, Napier E, Wilkinson J, Sadler L, Gupta D, Strandell A, Bergh C, Vigneswaran K, Teh WT, Hamoda H, Webber L et al. A Randomized Trial of Endometrial Scratching before In Vitro Fertilization. N Engl J Med. 2019 Jan 24; 380(4): 325-334.
- Fung JN, Mortlock S, Girling JE, Holdsworth-Carson S, Teh WT, Zhu Z et al. Genetic regulation of disease risk and endometrial gene expression highlights potential target genes for endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome. Sci Rep. 2018 Jul 30; 8(1): 11424.
- Teh WT, McBain J, Rogers P. What is the contribution of embryo-endometrial asynchrony to implantation failure? J Assisted Reproduction and Genetics. 2016; 33(11): 1419-1430.
- Holdsworth-Carson SJ, Fung JN, Luong HT, Sapkota Y, Bowdler LM, Wallace L, Teh WT, Powell JE, Girling JE, Healey M, Montgomery GW, Rogers PA. Endometrial vezatin and its association with endometriosis risk. Human Reproduction. 2016; 31(5): 999-1013.
- Teh WT, Stern C, Chander S, Hickey M. The impact of uterine radiation on subsequent fertility and pregnancy outcomes. Biomed Research International. 2014; 2014: 482968.
- Whitehead C, Teh WT, Walker SP, Leung C, Mendis S, Larmour L, Tong S. Quantifying circulating hypoxia-induced RNA transcripts in maternal blood to determine in utero fetal hypoxic status. BMC Med. 2013; 11: 256.
- Whitehead CL, Teh WT, Walker SP, Leung C, Larmour L, Tong S. Circulating MicroRNAs in maternal blood as potential biomarkers for fetal hypoxia in-utero. PLoS One. 2013; 8(11): e78487.
- Teede HJ, Harrison CL, Teh WT, Paul E, Allan CA. Gestational diabetes: development of an early risk prediction tool to facilitate opportunities for prevention. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2011; 51(6): 499-504.
- Teh WT, Teede HJ, Paul E, Harrison CL, Wallace EM, Allan C. Risk factors for gestational diabetes mellitus: implications for the application of screening guidelines. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2011; 51(1): 26-30.
- Chiang D and Teh WT. Cutaneous endometriosis: surgical presentations of a gynaecological condition. Australian Family Physician 2006; 35(11): 887-888.
- Teh WT, Vollenhoven B, Harris PI. Umbilical endometriosis, a pathology that a gynaecologist may encounter.