Research and Information
Dr Wan Teh - Gynaecologist & Fertility Specialist (melbourne IVF)
Dr Teh is actively involved in research. Under the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) scholarship, she completed a PhD study investigating the determinants of uterine receptivity in women with implantation failure. She is also the co-author of a number of significant research that have changed the clinical practice for IVF worldwide. What this means for women looking to conceive, Dr Teh aims to increase the rates of success for pregnancy.
Dr Teh's publications
- Reduced live birth rates in frozen versus fresh single cleavage stage embryo transfer cycles. A cross sectional study. Teh WT, Polyakov A, Garrett C, Edgar D, McBain J, Rogers PAW. International Journal of Reproductive BioMedicine.
- Tissue specific regulation of transcription in endometrium and association with disease. Mortlock S, Kendarsari R, Fung JN, Gibson G, Yang F, Restuadi R, Girling JE, Holdsworth-Carson SJ, Teh WT, Lukowski SW, Healey M, Qi T, Rogers PAW, Yang J, McKinnon B, Montgomery GW. Human Reproduction.
- Endometrial uNK cell counts do not predict successful implantation in an IVF population. Donoghue JF, Paiva P, Teh WT, Cann LM, Nowell C, Rees H, Bittinger S, Obers V, Bulmer JN, Stern C, McBain J, Rogers PAW. Human Reproduction. 2019:34(12)2456-2466.
- A Randomized Trial of Endometrial Scratching before In Vitro Fertilization. Lensen S, Osavlyuk D, Armstrong S, Stadelmann C, Hennes A, Napier E, Wilkinson J, Sadler L, Gupta D, Strandell A, Bergh C, Vigneswaran K, Teh WT, Hamoda H, Webber L, Wakeman SA, Searle L, Bhide P, McDowell S, Peeraer K, Khalaf Y, Farquhar C. N Engl J Med. 2019 Jan 24;380(4):325-334.
- Genetic regulation of disease risk and endometrial gene expression highlights potential target genes for endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome. Fung JN, Mortlock S, Girling JE, Holdsworth-Carson S, Teh WT, Zhu Z et al. Sci Rep. 2018 Jul 30;8(1):11424.
- What is the contribution of embryo-endometrial asynchrony to implantation failure? Teh WT, McBain J, Rogers P. J Assisted Reproduction and Genetics. 2016 Nov; 33(11): 1419-1430.
- Endometrial vezatin and its association with endometriosis risk. Holdsworth-Carson SJ, Fung JN, Luong HT, Sapkota Y, Bowdler LM, Wallace L, Teh WT, Powell JE, Girling JE, Healey M, Montgomery GW, Rogers PA. Human Reproduction. 2016 May;31(5):999-1013.
- The impact of uterine radiation on subsequent fertility and pregnancy outcomes. Teh WT, Stern C, Chander S, Hickey M. Biomed Research International. 2014;2014:482968.
- Quantifying circulating hypoxia-induced RNA transcripts in maternal blood to determine in utero fetal hypoxic status. Whitehead C, Teh WT, Walker SP, Leung C, Mendis S, Larmour L, Tong S. BMC Med. 2013 Dec 9;11:256.
- Circulating MicroRNAs in maternal blood as potential biomarkers for fetal hypoxia in-utero. Whitehead CL, Teh WT, Walker SP, Leung C, Larmour L, Tong S. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 25;8(11):e78487.
- Gestational diabetes: development of an early risk prediction tool to facilitate opportunities for preven tion. Teede HJ, Harrison CL, Teh WT, Paul E, Allan CA. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2011 Dec;51(6):499-504.
- Risk factors for gestational diabetes mellitus: implications for the application of screening guidelines. Teh WT, Teede HJ, Paul E, Harrison CL, Wallace EM, Allan C. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2011 Feb;51(1):26-30.
- Umbilical endometriosis, a pathology that a gynecologist may encounter when inserting the Veres needle. Teh WT, Vollenhoven B, Harris PI. Fertility & Sterility. 2006 Dec;86(6):1764.e1-2.